DWMA Performance Podcast Episode #6:
Mark Hoover – “You get better at your job when you realize you don't know anything!”
Mark Hoover, NHSSCA, USAW-L2, NASM-PES
Head Strength & Conditioning Coach
York Comprehensive High School
York, South Carolina
Facebook Live Q&A this Tuesday 8:00-9:00PM EST with Coach Mark Hover, Head Strength and Conditioning/Sports Performance Coach at York Comprehensive High School.
Viewers will hear the premier of the DWMA Performance Podcast with Coach Hoover. During the broadcast, viewers can post questions and immediately following the broadcast, Coach Hoover will answer those questions.
Mark Hoover is a 1996 graduate of Hiram College (OH), received his teaching certification from Edinboro University of Pennsylvania in 2000 and is currently in the process of obtaining a MS in Exercise Science. His current certifications include Health and Physical Education K-12, NASM-PES, USAW Level 1 and Level 2 as well as the USAW High School Sports Performance program. Coach Hoover has been coaching for 23 years that includes 11 years as a head football coach and 2 as an assistant at the NCAA level.
In this Episode, we discuss:
- The philosophies that drive Coach Hoover's program design.
- What Coach Hoover wants his athlete’s perception of the weight room to be.
- The steps Coach Hoover took when taking over the strength & conditioning program at York from Piedmont.
- How Coach Hoover interacts with coaches in regards to his strength and conditioning program in order to get the most out of his athletes.
- A review of the DWMA System and how Coach Hoover utilizes it with his athletes.
- The value of networking for veteran and aspiring strength coaches.
- Coach Hoover's latest book recommendations.
Download this episode on iTunes:
Book: Legacy by James Kerr
Book: Ikigai by H Garcia & F Miralles
Sports Nutrition: Critical Reload